AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH SERVICES(ARS)
The Farm Solutions Africa Agricultural Research Service (FSAARS).
Our job is finding solutions to agricultural problems that affect Africans every day, from field to table. Here are a few numbers to illustrate the scope of our organization:
- 02 research projects within
- 01 scientists and post docs
- 04 other employees
- 03+ research collaborators, including overseas laboratories
To conduct research, develop and transfer solutions to agricultural problems of high national priority and to provide information access and dissemination to:
- ensure high-quality, safe food, and other agricultural products
- assess the nutritional needs of Africans
- sustain a competitive agricultural economy
- enhance the natural resource base and the environment, and
- Provide economic opportunities for rural citizens, communities, and society as a whole.
To lead Africa towards a better future through agricultural research and information.
We take great care in designing and organizing our research effort, and we listen and respond to those with a stake in the outcome.
Plans and Reports
Agricultural Research & Development
To Carry out Baseline survey in the following areas (Seed sector–market size of various crops, variety performance, Agrochemicals–size of market and performance) for the purpose of developing a data base.
Carry out Research on various / selected crops (Vegetables–selections & cleaning hot pepper, Cereals, pastures, conducting trials and vegetative propagation–cassava, tissue culture, etc)
- Nutrition analysis,
- Fertilizer utilization
- MRLs and clinical analysis
We follow a strategic plan we develop to meet our stakeholders’ needs and support FSA’s mission. We check our progress in carrying out that plan, and we modify it as circumstances require.